Commercial Refrigeration Service
Whether you own a restaurant or run a bar, commercial refrigeration is vital to your operations. Through them, you ensure food and stock stay at their ideal temperature, promoting safety and cleanliness. You can also extend the lifespan of expensive ingredients, allowing you to take advantage of supplier deals. These benefits can quickly turn into losses, however, when things stop functioning properly. The reasons for commercial refrigeration issues can vary and include everything from deteriorated seals to improper installation.
Not every HVAC company is equipped to diagnose and repair these issues. That’s where the business-to-business experts at Tidewater Mechanical come in. To schedule commercial refrigeration service in Virginia Beach, give us a call at (757) 395-4990. For more information on what we provide and what differentiates us from our competitors, read on.
Signs You Need to Call a Commercial Refrigeration Specialist
A lot of our commercial HVAC customers don't reach out until their cooler or freezer has a full on and literal meltdown. This is often because little issues—such as broken door seals—are often pushed down the road. But intervening at the first sign of commercial refrigeration problems in Virginia Beach can often save you money in the long-run. In other words, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
For that reason, you should reach out to us at (757) 395-4990
if you notice any of the following:
- Odd Noises: When you hear something rattling in your walk-in freezer or cooler, you likely have a problem. This can be indicative of an issue with motors or fans. We suggest monitoring the noise for a day or two to see if it persists. If it does, call (757) 395-4990 to schedule an appointment for commercial refrigeration service in Virginia Beach.
- Temperature Problems: If your walk-in no longer feels as cool as it once did, you might be on your way to a breakdown. A sudden loss in an ability to maintain temperature is often indicative of a problem with the motor. You should touch the back and side of the equipment to see if it feels warm. If so, you might be at a point where new coils are necessary. If your walk-in cooler or freezer loses its ability to meet temperature, you're putting your customers at risk. Call Tidewater Mechanical LLC for commercial refrigeration service in Virginia Beach at the first sign of trouble.
- Water Leaks: You might notice water pooling inside or outside your commercial equipment. This often leads to higher energy bills. It also presents a slip-and-fall risk to both customers and employees. A damaged drain pan or clogged hose is often to blame for the excess water. Sometimes a chemical-laden part of your unit—such as the coils— can also leak. This can lead to increased part erosion. To prevent accidents and extensive commercial refrigeration damage, reach out to us to repair your commercial refrigerator leak in Virginia Beach.
- Door Issues: Because they are heavier and more frequently used than residential doors, commercial refrigerator doors often wear down pretty quickly. This can lead to them not shutting fully, often due to a worn out gasket or door seal. Failing to fix the issue in a timely manner can lead to stock spoilage and energy inefficiency. To avoid these hits to your bottom line, reach out to us so one of our HVAC-R technicians can correct the problem.
Whether your concern is large or small, Tidewater Mechanical can fix it all. We have over 11 years of experience fixing commercial refrigeration equipment in Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach. Let us put that expertise to work for you.
Industries that Benefit from Our HVAC-R Expertise
Our company is proud to provide HVACR maintenance to a wide variety of businesses in the Virginia Beach area. The verticals we’re familiar with include:
- Gas Stations
- Food Service
- Apartment Buildings
- Retail Stores
- Technology Companies
- Government Entities
Equipment You Can Trust Us to Handle
Commercial refrigeration systems are almost as varied as the companies that rely on them. One restaurant might be able to get by with a single walk-in cooler while a convenience store may need three or four coolers. No matter what kind of equipment your business depends on, you can rely on Tidewater Mechanical to know how to repair it. Here’s a short list of equipment our HVAC-R specialists service:
- Walk-in Coolers
- Walk-in Freezers
- Refrigerated Containers
- Ice Cube Machines
- Under-counter Reach-ins
- Deli Case
- Beverage Chillers
- Drop-in Well
- Grab-n-Go Cases
- Blast Chillers
The Importance of Refrigeration Maintenance
With all the responsibilities you likely hold, commercial refrigeration maintenance
probably isn't something high on the priority list. But, when a breakdown happens, it's hard to focus on anything but your cooler or freezer. Now, you're left shelling out extra cash for overnight parts shipments and emergency service fees. With a bit of forethought, and a call to (757) 395-4990
, you might have been able to avoid all of this. The cost of neglecting commercial refrigeration maintenance in Virginia Beach is hefty, but the benefits of scheduling it are numerous:
- Food Safety: Because we ensure that cooling stays consistent, regular tune-ups lessen the change of spoilage. This leads to happier customers and a lessened chance of food-related illness. It can also help you fly health inspections with flying colors.
- Cleanliness: Mildew, mold, and bacteria can build up in your equipment over time. If left untreated, these contaminants can make their way into your stock. While you can handle basic cleaning, getting to inner components requires help from an experienced HVACR technician. That's where Tidewater Mechanical comes in.
- Reliability: Equipment that's regularly serviced is less likely to develop problems. This is because we can fix small issues before the blossom into something bigger. Maintenance also helps make equipment more efficient, lowering the strain on internal parts.
- Longevity: Commercial refrigeration equipment represents a huge business investment. Equipment that is regularly serviced is likely to remain operable for a longer period of time. This allows you to spread out replacement costs over a longer period.
Installing Your Preferred Equipment Since 2012
Our range of professional and reliable commercial refrigeration services have established Tidewater Mechanical as one of the go-to HVAC-R companies in the Virginia Beach area. This is something you'll discover for yourself in both our job gallery and reviews on Google. While we're best known for our commercial heating and AC work, we're also capable of helping with server and walk-in cooler service. When it comes to brands, meanwhile, we're familiar with everything out there and capable of repairing almost any unit. If you're looking for honesty and transparency in your commercial comfort contractor, you can't go wrong with Tidewater Mechanical. Call (757) 395-4990 to schedule your appointment for commercial refrigeration repair in Norfolk or Chesapeake!