Indoor Air Quality
Ductwork • Air Filters • Clean Air
Indoor air quality (IAQ) can have an important impact on your health as indoor air can be 5x more polluted than outside air. Your air ducts and heating and cooling equipment could be housing and spreading bacteria, virus, mold, dust mites, pet dander and more. But don't panic. Tidewater Mechanical LLC has the solutions to make you home's air safer and healthier. Call us today at (757) 395-4990 to schedule an appointment to discuss which solutions will best fit your home.
Our IAQ Solutions:
In order to make a room comfortable in hot, humid climates, an air conditioner must lower the indoor humidity level as well as the air temperature. If an air conditioner fails to lower the humidity adequately, the air will be cool, but will feel uncomfortably damp.
- Duct Cleaning
Dirt, mold, bugs, mites, and other stuff" are all living in your duct system. We can get rid of it all with our duct cleaning cleaning process.Read More
- High Efficiency Filters
Most heating and cooling systems still use a basic air filter. There are several types of permanent air filters available in various efficiencies that can help you filter the air in your home.Read More
With the proper level of humidity in your home, you will feel more comfortable and breathe easier. You can eliminate that dry eye, nose and throat feeling you have when you wake up in the morning.Read More
- Duct Sanitation
Residential ultraviolet units have been independently tested and proved to be effective in the constantly moving air environments of heating and cooling systems, killing mold and bacteria quickly and effectively.Read More
We offer the following air treatment solutions for:
- Dust mites
- Indoor air pollution
- Pet dander
What are the different products used to improve Indoor Air Quality in my home?
Polarized- Media Air Cleaners
Whole house air cleaning can be achieved using polarized media filters. Improve system efficiency with far better air filtration using polarized media filters.
Pros of using Polarized media filters
- No duct modifications required. 1? filters fit into traditional filter racks and grilles.
- 97% efficient a .3 microns vs. on first pass vs. 99% efficient at 18 microns for leading pleated allergen filter
- Improved system efficiency low pressure drop, less restriction of .1-.2 inches of water column vs. .5+ inches of water column of restriction
- Patented carbon media efficiently removes orders caused by cooking, smoking pollen dust and other airborne contaminant that typical allergen filter do not catch
- Does not produce ozone
- Will not create ionized particulates that will collect on the interior of your home
- Lifetime warranty on power head
- Easy maintenance filter only require filter changes every 3-4 months depending on environment
Solace Air UVC Lamp installs directly into your central air system typically with little no duct modifications. The UV amp is effective in killing airborne pathogens such as bacteria, viruses and mold. The DNA of living organisms is altered to prevent reproduction.
- lamp operates at 180 micro watts while competitors typically operate at 50 micro watts
- lifetime warranty on ballast